A Way Out Bail Bonds helped my son get a quick release from jail. Thanks for everything!
- David J.
Bail for Criminal Cases
Post Bail Bonds in Dallas TX Criminal Courts
Our capable Dallas TX bail bond agents have experience posting bail for all types of criminal cases in Dallas courts, as well as in Tarrant County courts. The amount of bail required for release from jail varies, depending on the nature of the alleged offense and criminal background of the defendant.
If arrested in Dallas County, a defendant will be taken to a detention facility under the jurisdiction of the Dallas County Sheriff's Department. Inmates usually go to the Lew Sterrett Justice Center adjacent to the Frank Crowley Courts building at 111 W. Commerce St., Dallas, TX. The North Tower is primarily designated for maximum security inmates accused of serious crimes. Detainees held for crimes in a variety of different classifications are taken to the West Tower or the Suzanne L. Kays Detention Facility (also known as South Tower).
Guide to Criminal Offenses
Bail amounts and potential punishments vary depending on the severity level of the crime you may be accused of, according to this guide from The Dallas Bar Association:
- Class B Misdemeanors carry a potential fine up to $2,000 and/or confinement not to exceed 180 days in county jail. Examples: Driving while intoxicated (DWI), criminal trespass, evading arrest, theft by check $50-$500.
- Class A Misdemeanors can result in confinement up to one year in county jail and/or fine not to exceed $4,000. Examples: Second DWI, assault, burglary of a vehicle, unlawful carrying of a weapon.
- State Jail Felony results in confinement for 180 days to two years in state jail and an optional fine not to exceed $10,000. Examples: credit card abuse, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, reckless injury to a child.
- Third Degree Felony may carry punishment of from two to 10 years in prison and optional fine not to exceed $10,000. Examples: Third DWI, indecency with a child, kidnapping, possession of a firearm by a felon.
- Second Degree Felony carries the threat of prison term between two to 20 years and an optional fine not to exceed $10,000. Examples: aggravated assault or kidnapping (if the victim is released unharmed), arson, robbery, sexual assault.
- First Degree Felony may result in confinement for life or a term from five to 99 years in prison and an optional fine not to exceed $10,000. Example: Murder, aggravated kidnapping, robbery or sexual assault.
- Capital Felony crimes carry a punishment in prison for life or the death penalty. Example: Murder during the commission of another felony such as kidnapping, rape or robbery.
Freedom to Post Bail
- During the pretrial period
- Pending imposition or execution of sentence
- Pending appeal of a conviction or sentence
Our experienced, licensed bond agents are available 24/7, no matter what stage your court case may currently be in. More than 60 percent of defendants arrested nationwide gain release before their initial court date, thanks to fast action and dependable advice from bail bond experts like ours.
For bail bonds in Dallas and surrounding communities in Texas, contact us online. Call a bail bond agent for confidential assistance at (214)-760-9978 in Dallas County and (817) 261-2828 in Tarrant County.
Dallas County (214)-760-9978
DALLAS, TX 75204
OWNER: RICK WADE
Tarrant County  261-2828
ARLINGTON, TX 76011
OWNER: JEANIE M. WADE - AGENT FOR ACCREDITED INSURANCE COMPANY